Friday, December 4, 2009

3/50 Project Make it Happen Gig Harbor


We have businesses in our beautiful community that are hanging on by their fingernails. Everyone talks about how much they love our community and particularly our downtown. But if you really love it, it's time to step up!

This morning I made an appeal to all the fans on our Facebook Fan Page gigharborguidehttp://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/gigharborguidecom/132049134029?ref=nf

I asked all 304 fans to spend $50 at three stores, and for each fan to get one additional friend to spend $50 at three stores.

$150 by 608 people would pour more than $90K into our local economy. IT'S VERY EASY. We must take it seriously NOW!!


THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO SHOP ON LINE. PLEASE DON'T TAKE YOU HOLIDAY SHOPPING DOLLARS TO THE TACOMA MALL.


We need to step up and take responsibility here in the community that we all love!! BUSINESSES WILL CLOSE AT THE END OF THE YEAR IF WE DO NOT PATRONIZE THEM NOW.


Yesterday I spent more than $100 at a local jeweler. Today I am out searching for some sailing gear for my son. I know I can find it downtown. I printed a list of "must reads" from a friend of mine who is a librarian at the Seattle Public Library. I will buy or order these books at the local book store.


THIS IS NOT HARD TO DO.


JUST DO IT! DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. There just are no acceptable excuses for not shopping LOCAL!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the enthusiastic push for local business!
    Here at the Gig Harbor Fly Shop, we have had a tremendous amount of support from the local community. It is exciting to be apart of historic downtown and serve our community. Thanks Gig Harbor!

    ReplyDelete