Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Message from Matthew


I received this email from Matthew, a Gig Harbor 3rd Grader. What a great kid. Check out his project;


Hello-

My name is Matthew, I am in the third grade at Artondale Elementary School in Gig Harbor, Washington and I am starting a Community Service Project about recycling. The purpose of my project is to educate people on how recycling can hlep the world. Did you know that there is a floating garbage area in the Pacific Ocean that is twice the size of Texas? It is called the Eastern Garbage Patch and animals are dying from eating plastic in the ocian and some of the fish that eat the plastic end up in our homes and restaurants. I have put links to a few YouTube videos for you to watch about the Eastern Garbage Patch. One is good for kids, and one is good for adults, but there are many more on YouTube if you are interested in learning more about it.


I want everyone to help stop adding to this garbage area and also help the animals stay alive. After watching these videos, I hope you will recycle more and maybe pick up garbage on the beaches or anywhere that you live. I would like to find out how many people I can get to read this email and try to get it to go around the world. If you could do two things to help my Community Service Project, I would really appreciate it. Could you:


1. Respond to me at mddoggig@aol.com with where you live and let me know what you are going to do to recycle more.

2. Send this email to everyoh you know so they can respond to me also.


Thanks for helping.

Matthew D.





Matthew is one example of the great kids we have in Gig Harbor. Let him know what you think of his project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment