Sunday, April 19, 2009

MAKE IT POSITIVE MONDAY TOMORROW!!

http://www.gigharborguide.com/

Some days are harder than others, but each day I try to think what it is that is positive about life in general and my life in particular. Oh there are definitely those days where finding something positive is tough. Sometimes there are people or situations peppered through out the day that just take me to the brink. But most days I know I got it good, compared to many.

Why is it though, that everyone can't at least attempt to find the bright side? I am noticing more people who are negative about the silliest things. When I was in Ethiopia last fall, I saw things that made me shiver...people living in the street, crawling on their hands - legs deformed, no shelter, no food. Do I ever have to think about where my next meal is coming from or where I will lay my head? Absolutely not, so what in the world do I have to complain about?

Do you have anything REALLY to complain about? Or do you want to complain just to do so, or perhaps to unburden your woes onto anothers shoulders, in an effort to lighten your load. I notice sometimes that negative remarks come at me as a way of criticism, almost like jealousy. What a strange thing that is -is that fair? Of course not, but it might give a temporary source of relief and satisfaction to the one who is critical. I'm sure it doesn't last. That's when it's the most difficult to not fall into the same pattern. That's when I think of Ethiopia.

Try this - make tomorrow POSITIVE MONDAY. Think of your Ethiopia - you have one I'm sure. Give it a try and see if you can go the entire day with out saying a negative thing. And at the end of the day when you have both food and shelter to go home to, be thankful for the richness of your life.

I will be. I got it good in Gig Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment