Sunday, May 31, 2009

SHOP THE DAY AWAY IN GIG HARBOR

So June is the time when you have to buy a lot of stuff...graduation, fathers day, summer events, weddings etc. For me anyway, there is a long list of shopping "to-dos".



So I was thinking today about blogging to show, how super easy, inexpensive and convenient it is to buy everything you need in Gig Harbor. No need to pay the toll, cross the bridge, and pay higher sales tax in T-town when you have everything you need in Gig Harbor.



This past week I have;


  • Purchased two new cool kayak lifejackets at Ship to Shore

  • Bought new running shoes at Route 16 Running

  • Special ordered and received the novel "Edward Sawtelle" from Mostly Books

  • Picked up wine at Water to Wine

  • Got a great new IPA for my husband (Ninkasi) at Harbor Greens

  • Bought a graduation gift at Watersedge Gallery

  • Another graduation gift at Clark's Jewelers

  • A birthday gift at the WA Liquor Store

  • A Fathers Day gift at the Tides

  • Another Fathers Day gift at Ace Hardware

  • Another birthday gift at the Gig Harbor Visitor Center

  • Bought myself some white walking shorts at Ann Taylor (grabbed a coffee at Cutters too)

  • Got a baby gift at Animal Crackers
  • Another baby gift at Target

I'm still in the market for a MIX MASTER for a wedding gift, so if anybody knows where I can get this in Gig Harbor I will gladly purchase it here, rather than going to the mall!!


All this while supporting the community I live, work and play in. Putting my dollars back into jobs and taxes that in return pay for the things we need and we love about Gig Harbor.


Think about your purchases and support our local businesses. It's easy and it's also fun to shop in Gig Harbor!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so true. Last Christmas I did ALL of my shopping within the City limits of Gig Harbor. It was surprisingly easy, and I was amazed to learn of just how many diverse and unique store there are here.
    Just one question: Where can I shop for men's semi-formal clothing in GH? (suit, tie, slacks, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree . . . Last Christmas I did all of my shopping within the City limits of Gig Harbor, and it was surprisingly easy!

    One question: Where can I shop for a suit & tie in GH?

    ReplyDelete